All Images © 2010 Lori Andrews

Do not use these images without my written permission

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Roasted Carrots & Sweet Potatoes


After eating the super garlicy RAW cauliflower dish for lunch, I was craving something cooked. Roasted to be exact. I'm pretty sure I will never be a RAW foodist. :)

Ingredients:
2 small sweet potatoes, washed, trimmed & cut into thick wedges
1 bunch of small organic carrots, washed & peeled
2 or 3 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
salt
fresh ground pepper

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. In a large bowl, drizzle sweet potato wedges in olive oil & sprinkle with salt & pepper, toss to coat.
3. Place sweet potato wedges on a foil lined cookie sheet & roast on the middle rack for about 15 minutes
4. Toss the carrots in olive oil, salt and pepper. Remove cookie sheet from oven & add to your carrots to the sheet in a single layer.
5. Turn oven up to 475° and return cookie sheet to oven.
6. Turn potatoes & carrots occasionally until they are browned nicely.

simple and delicious!


I have never mentioned that I have a convection oven. but I do and I use the convect setting all of the time. just so you know.

2 comments:

  1. i love roasting broccoli, cauliflower and asparagus. it brings out the natural sweetness in the veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally. I do love my sweet things.

    ReplyDelete