All Images © 2010 Lori Andrews

Do not use these images without my written permission

Monday, July 26, 2010

Jicama, Cucumber & Lime Salad





















File this recipe under "who would have guessed it".  I have never even tried Jicama before but this was one of the great recipes that our rafting outfitter sent along with our food package (on my Grand Canyon trip) .  I like the vegetable julienned so I have presented the recipe that way.  You could simply slice it into thin 1/2 inch strips.  I also added the jalapeño pepper.   I made this salad a couple of times on the trip and it was a hit with everyone!  Jicama is now on my fav list.

Ingredients:

1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and julienned
1 Jicama, peeled and julienned
2 limes, the juice of
jalapeño pepper, diced
salt, to taste
chili pepper, to taste
cayenne pepper, to taste.

Directions:

1. Toss everything together and serve.  Easy!

3 comments:

  1. Looks so refreshing.

    Just came across your blog and now I am a follower. Hope you'll come by
    http://bellagetsreal.blogspot.com/
    I also feature bloggers on Friday and would love to feature you in the next week or so.....I would like to use one of your photos when I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tried this last night and wow, surprisingly refreshing! When I first read the ingredients list, I thought, "There is no way this is yummy" and was I wrong. Something about jicama, cucumber, and lime juice.

    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete