All Images © 2010 Lori Andrews

Do not use these images without my written permission

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Parsnip & Sweet Potato Fries with almond butter coating





















Ingredients:

3 parsnips, peeled & cut into uniform fry shape
2 small yellow sweet potatoes, peeled & cut into uniform fry shape
3 Tbsp natural almond butter
1 Tbsp Olive oil
1 tsp (I used more) sea salt

Directions:

1. Preheat your oven to 400°.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

2.  In a medium bowl, mix your almond butter, olive oil and sea salt together.  Add your cut fries to the bowl and stir to coat evenly.  Lay your fries out on the parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 35-40 minutes.

Note:  every recipe I read like this claimed the fries were crispy.  They are not crispy using this method.  So I don't know what those people are talking about.  I tried cooking a few a bit longer and they simply burnt.  It's possible that I might try pre-baking the fries at a low temperature to dry them out a bit before coating in nut butter next time.  That might work but anyhow, we didn't mind the texture to be honest.  So what if they're not crispy!  See, the thing is, they taste really great!  We had no problem devouring the entire pan.  Next time I make them I might add a little fresh ground black pepper to the mix as well to make them a bit more savory.  :)

2 comments: